Michael A. Schneider
When the taking of a client’s land is at stake in an eminent domain action, Mr. Schneider and the experienced, capable team at the Law Offices of Kermitt L. Waters approach the challenge head on to achieve the maximum just compensation for their clients. They work tirelessly to insure their clients are treated fairly by the government and that their constitutional rights are protected. They know that the landowner is not the bad guy in an eminent domain action and deserves unyielding protection.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA Political Science and BA Psychology, 1999
- University of Montana School of Law, Juris Doctorate (JD) 2003
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Schneider is widely recognized not only for his commitment to his clients but also to his profession and his community. For example, in 2009 he was asked by a Nevada assemblyman to prepare a memorandum for the 2009 Nevada State Assembly explaining new Eminent Domain law provisions to be used to assist with committee decisions.
Other activities include:
- Presenting at Continuing Legal Education seminars on current and developing legal trends in the area of Eminent Domain law.
- Drafting legislation to protect landowners’ rights in eminent domain proceedings.
- Working with legislators to promote laws that protect landowners’ rights in eminent domain proceedings.
- Working on behalf of non-profit organizations on a pro bono basis to assist with eminent domain issues.
- Responding to the media regarding current eminent domain concerns.
- Contributing articles and other presentations related to eminent domain in Nevada and nationwide.
When away from the office, Mr. Schneider enjoys spending time with his wife, traveling, working around the house, playing with his beloved dog, and breaking bread with friends and family.